OS9 standalone builds

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Thu Sep 18 16:55:26 EDT 2008

Le 18 sept. 08 à 20:40, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Jeff Reynolds wrote:
>
>> is the classic build going to be frozen at 2.6.1 for good now?
>> i still have to create mac classic stanalones for the school
>> cdroms as  its still a significant market in the elementary
>> schools still holding  onto older macs and not going to osx with
>> them...
>> I have not been working on these cdroms for the last 6 months,
>> but  will need to be upgrading some old ones and creating new
>> grade levels  of others and wondering if its ok to move the
>> software line to 3.0  from 2.6.1 at this time or wait. i purposely
>> froze these projects on  2.6.1 to keep compatibility for building
>> classic standalones. our  mulitmedia cdroms are pretty simple and
>> seem to be very happy  currently with 2.6.1 builds on mac and pc,
>> but am aware we may be just  new system version away from that
>> being true at any point here...
>
> The nice thing about supporting Classic is that it's frozen in
> time, just like the Rev engine for it appears to be.  Apple isn't
> likely to do anything more for Classic, so the Rev 2.6.1 is
> expected to run as long as your hardware holds out.

I just created a blank stack in Rev 3.0.0 gm-3 and created a Classic
standalone; the process went fine. I move it from my MacBook Pro to
my G4 Cube with a USB key. The app didn't lauch under Classic (within
10.3.9). When rebooted under MacOS 9.2.2, it reported an error -199
before aborting upon launch.

Should this be considered a bug?

Best regards
	François