OS9 standalone builds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 18 15:23:06 EDT 2008

Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> I started using Rev. with 2.7, so how do I get a copy of 2.6.1? It
> might be a good idea if this were made common knowledge some way or
> another, so we don't beat our heads against a stone wall trying to do
> Classic with later versions of Rev.

The Classic engine is included with builds through v2.8, I believe.
It's the v2.6.1 engine, but you can still deploy with it.  v2.7 has a
preference to use the older file format -- just turn that on and as long
as you don't use any v2.7-specific features you can continue working on
one set of stacks for all target systems.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal