Arrays: new and old keys, i

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 13 14:38:00 EDT 2008

Trevor-

Saturday, September 13, 2008, 6:10:42 AM, you wrote:

> Why force the developer to enforce an order after the fact? That is

My point is rather that there's no need to impose an order on data
that isn't ordered. Or at least not chronological order on xml data.

> In addition once you have an array that maintains ordered keys it
> opens up some additional syntax options in the engine. Some pseudo
> code follows.

> *Add a value as the last element in a dimension*

> put "title 1" into theDataA[]
> put "title 2" into theDataA[]

As I pointed out to David Bovill, I think you're talking about a queue
or a stack here rather than just an array. I use both queues and
stacks and I'd like to see them as primitive objects at some point.

push "title 1" onto theDataA[]
push "title 2" onto theDataA[]
pop theDataA[] into tCurrentTitle

--