Rev 3.0 problems

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:18:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:12:01, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

>> 2) More annoyingly, it used to be in versions <= 2.9 that command-
>> option[alt]-clicking (in the IDE) on a button/locked field/graphic
>> while using the browse tool used to open the script editor for that
>> control. Now, it opens the script editor but also passes the mouseup
>> -- so trying to do this on a button opens the script but then
>> triggers the button action. This is especially problematic when I
>> then get a "cannot save script while executing" alert after editing
>> and trying to save the script. For now, I have to change to the edit
>> tool before command-option-clicking on a button to edit its script. I
>> tried to look into the Rev 3.0 frontscripts to find out where and how
>> the mouseup message is being passed but I can't find the place where
>> I could tweak the rev scripts to patch this. Anyone else see this
>> behavior? Whether yes or no to that question, any pointers on how I
>> can block the "pass mouseup" in the rev scripts?
>
> Peter, I'm not seeing this... I created a stack, added a button,
> set the
> script to:
>
> on mouseUp
>  answer "Hello"
> end mouseUp
>
> and then Command-Option-clicked the button with the browse tool... the
> script editor opened, but no answer box.
>
> Is it possible it's a front/backscript or library that's being
> triggered?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Well, my personal frontscript only has handlers for suspend, resume,
and controlkeydown messages, there are no backscripts, and I haven't
tweaked the rev IDE scripts at all. The only stack in use is
revAltLib. I'm mystified. Anyway, does anyone know where the IDE
handles the decision to trap or pass mouseup when opening the script
editor?

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com