Checking to see if another program has your database open

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:07:34 EDT 2008

Thanks for your prompt answer JB.

I searched the database of old strings and I cannot find any answer for how
to check if the database is being used by another program. The only answers
I found were:

1. Don't do that ):  -- figured that one out myself as it results in instant
crash on Mac OS. I believe that on windows other bad things happen.

2. Use excellent multi-user server version of Valentina.

Both of those are excellent answers but I'm still looking for a way to check
if the database is open by another program from within RunRev. There must be
a way to do this.

PS - When I post to the RunRev mailing list I get a German reply that says
something about my post not being accepted.

http://www.bluewatermaritime.com