Checking to see if database is in use by another program.

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:04:47 EDT 2008

Someone gave me this excellent check routine to see if a database is open in
RunRev:

*
*

*function* CheckDatabase

   *put* Valentina_CacheSize() into var

   *if* var<1 *then*

     *put* false into tOpen

   *else*

      *put* true into tOpen

   *end* *if*

   *return* tOpen

*end* CheckDatabase

But how do I check to see if Valentina Studio has the database open? When
running the database client side if Valentina Studio has it open and then
you try to open it with RunRev you get an instant crash so I need a routine
to check in RunRev first to see if another program like valentina studio has
my database open before I open it with RunRev. The above routine does not
work for that.