Checking to see if another program has your database open

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:47:26 EDT 2008

Someone gave me this excellent check routine to see if a Valentina database
is open in RunRev:

*
*

*function* CheckDatabase

   *put* Valentina_CacheSize() into var

   *if* var<1 *then*

     *put* false into tOpen

   *else*

      *put* true into tOpen

   *end* *if*

   *return* tOpen

*end* CheckDatabase

But how do I check to see if Valentina Studio (or another program) has the
database open? When running the database client side if Valentina Studio has
it open and then you try to open it with RunRev you get an instant
catastrophic crash so I need a routine to check in RunRev first to see if
another program has like valentina studio has the same database open before
I open it with RunRev. The above routine does not work for that.

Can anyone please suggest something?  By the way I reported this in Mantis
for Valentina but I've given up reporting bugs in Bugzilla at least until
there is an easier way to do it (similar to Mantis or RevZilla -- I haven't
checked has RevZilla been updated to work with the new system?)