Mirye Monthly Release: Mirye RevCamp Issue 809

David Bovill david at architex.tv
Thu Sep 11 16:45:02 EDT 2008

Hi gang :)

My 2 cents worth. I personally would like to receive the information that
Lynn, and other commercial developers have, that are related to Revolution.
While the market is small - I think it is important for all potential
developers that there is one place where all this information is collected -
and this email list works for that. With that I agree with Lynn and Ruslan -
it would be a pity if other developers were not encouraged to post
information to the list - they are easy enough to "not" read, and splitting
the list never works well - take a look at all those Yahoo groups.

I do however share a sentiment that I suspect a lot of others hold - against
the list becoming "commercial" and keeping tis focus on scripting and
advice. Lynns post was pure marketing - so it clashed with this ethos - for
some that is no big deal, for others it is. I suspect as the user base grows
it will become less of an issue, and many of us will miss the old cuddly
feely list.

My suggestion to RunRev would be to help preserve the feel of this list by
organising an official monthly or even weekly - product / marketing posts to
the list. Developers could send in their section to be included - with links
to their own stuff. Anyone not wanting to see the commercial stuff could
easily recognise the post and not read it. Any shy developers out there
would get encouragement to market theri stuff :)