Can you realise a transparent hover color for buttons?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Thu Sep 11 15:47:59 EDT 2008

The way we have done this, is:

1. make a cool button with the rounded rectangle (with Scott Rossi's
awesome gradient tool) and name it "btnBkgd"

2. create text (use any font, and Rossi's tool to "burn" it into an
image so it doesn't matter if the user has the font) and position it
over the button

3. group the two, and name the group "whateverRolloverButton"

4. then, in the card script:

on mouseEnter
   IF the short name of the owner of the target contains
"RolloverButton" THEN
     set the blendlevel of img "btnBkgd" of grp (the owner of the
target) to 50 -- or whatever
end mouseEnter

and a mouseLeave that is similar...

That way, you can make as many buttons as you want without having to
script each one. Also, the reason for detecting rollover on the group
is that if you put the mouseEnter on the text or background or both,
you get a weird "flickering" as the mouse goes from where the text is
to the background image.

I just wrote this from memory, sorry if it is unclear, if you want me
to post the whole thing let me know.