Mirye Monthly Release: Mirye RevCamp Issue 809

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Sep 11 10:05:15 EDT 2008

> What would you say about starting your own mailing list
> rather than sending your newsletter to this list? If we all
> start sending our newsletters to this list, I think it'll get
> a bit cluttered.

Hi Mark,

The majority of RevCamp is a unique, monthly package of free stuff - not
really a newsletter but a sort of glue around several small releases.

There are too many hooks in Runtime Revolution and in the license process
for our customers not to end up here on this list. Runtime Revolution isnt
developed with OEMing in mind and I wouldn't want to burden the developers
with a request to do that.

That said, anyone who makes a major release of their Revolution add-on
should make sure they send us their press releases. It doesn't matter if you
aren't in our online store, so long as you maintain your own presence on the
internet.  The Revolution community could use more organized clutter. A sure
sign of a healthy development tool ecosystem is the size and viability of
its third party tool supplier market, as well as the number of consulting
companies that support it. We are very happy to support and be supported by
developers like DerBrill and Jerry's new Rev Mentor service, because in the
end, it means we all generate more revenue to in turn support and grow that
ecosystem.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing