AW: AW: AW: slown down of IDE 2.9 under windows

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Thu Sep 11 09:22:29 EDT 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>  put the script of stack "StackWithABunchOfcode"
>
> That will dump the text of the script into the Message Box.  If it
> takes about the same time as it does to open GLX2 with the same
> script, the issue lies elsewhere.

I can tell you right now that GLX2 does NOT render a script as fast as
you can put a script into a message box. Not even close. If the user
is colorizing scripts and showing links to handlers in scripts, then
this will take some millisecs, depending upon the machine, OS and
processor. But I wouldn't think 2300 lines of code is much of a
challenge for GLX2 Script Editor.

When I open my large test script with the Rev 3.0 script editor it
does not happen instantly, either.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Daniels & Mara, Inc.