Rev 3.0 Cloning problem

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Wed Sep 10 00:55:14 EDT 2008

Hi Fellow Rev'ers,

I have been trying out Rev 3.0 across a number of iterations and recently came across a problem (3.0gm Build 750).

I have a piece of code that makes a clone of a stack, renames it and then populates the new version of the stack with data from a database. This has worked fine in 2.8, 2.9 and earlier iterations of 3.0.

The problem is that when the script gets to the clone command it performs that line then just exits as if there is no more code. No error is returned. Anyone seen this behaviour?

The code looks like this.

ifthereisnotastack tTheStack
then
clonestack"resource_template"
send"choose browse tool"tomein1tick
setthenameofstack it to tTheStack
endif

The variable tTheStack contains the name for the new stack. In debug mode the variable is correctly populated, the stack IS cloned, then the script just exits.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

John Tregea

Technology Director