stsMLXEditor, Notepad, Vista, Rev 3

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:34:53 EDT 2008

Thanks Ken.  I did realise that the path had changed on Vista from "winnt"
to "windows", so I'd already changed that in the script.  I think the
problem would have been with the 'start' command blocking the handler (I'm
on linux at the moment so can't test that yet).  I'd configured notepad as
the editor, and it was displaying the script, but on close the changes were
not being written back into the 'Test' button.  With a GUI editor and rev
2.9 on Linux (I can't test with Rev 3), there is some problem with the
editor writing some Gnome-related info to stderr/stdout (even when they've
been redirected), so the shell command never closes.  I tried it with 'open
process' instead, and that seems to work fine (although of course the open
processes may need to be cleaned up).

So it is working on Linux 2.9.  I'm planning on using it with this code
editor (as it appears to offer similar kinds of code-folding and
hyperlinking to that which GLX2  provides):
http://code-browser.sourceforge.net/ .  When I've got the configuration file
sorted out so that it recognizes Rev's keywords, etc I'll send the config
file along to you and you can include it on your site if you'd like.

Bernard