Help with dragdata["private"] needed

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Sep 3 10:12:12 EDT 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

>> To check for a particular type you need to check the keys of the
>> dragData. So check if "private" is among the lines of the keys of
>> the dragData.
>
> Aha, but after I changed this (again) to the most obvious (which was
> my first try):
>
> Script of "d_target":
> on dragdrop
>  set the hilite of me to false
>  put the dragdata["private"]
>  ## Nothing gets put?!
> end dragdrop
>
> And exactly that is my problem :-)

Looking at your original example you don't set the dragAction to
anything (old engine behavior was to set the acceptDrop to true).

I just tried the following with two buttons and the results are what
one would hope they would be:

Button 1
------------------
on dragStart
     set the dragData["private"] to "some value"
     put the dragData["private"]
end dragStart

Button 2
------------------
on dragEnter
     put the dragData["private"] && the milliseconds
     set the dragaction to "copy"
end dragEnter

on dragDrop
     put "it is:" && the dragData["private"]