HTML SMTP Library

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Tue Sep 2 22:41:53 EDT 2008

How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com> on September 2,
2008 at 5:45 PM -0700 wrote:
>I've got other things that I have to do tonight, so I can't give you
>the complete cookbook, but here is the outline.
>1) Download one of the following stacks:
>     a) http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/altEmailHarness.rev
>     b) http://www.troz.net/Rev/libraries/SMTPlibrary.rev.gz
>2) After looking through the SMTP Library Demo (the second one), and
>clicking on the Library button, I got into Sarah's SMTP library.  I'm
>sure this works just as well with the other, but as I said, I've got
>other pressing things to do tonight.  However, you should be able to
>figure it out after this.
>3) Search for "Content-Type".  Change it as I've previously suggested.
>4) Follow my formatting suggestions for the body.
>5) Send HTML-formatted emails without having to embed the HTML in an
>attachment.
OK.  I got that to work just fine with the SMTP Library Demo.
Thanks.  What I added to this was another field that I called Body1.
I then added this to the Send email button script so that it would take
the style attributes of the text in my field and convert it to html before
sending.
That way I do not have to code the body in html and can use rev styles.
into field Body

Stewart

Notice of Confidentiality:
material.  Any review re-transmission dissemination or other use of or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error please contact the sender immediately by return electronic
transmission and then immediately delete this transmission including all
attachments without copying distributing or disclosing same.