Parallels

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Tue Sep 2 15:55:55 EDT 2008

I use VMWare Fusion notably for scientific computation, under
bareBones windows XP (with network disabled ;-) ). The app has a
benchmark, which places my 1 year old 2.4 Ghz MBP roughly at the same
level as a 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 and below a Dual Opteron at 2.1 GHz.
(with the very first release of Fusion, it even topped the Opteron).
So this a very decent config in terms of horsepower.
On the other side, it is fair to say that most games do not work with
these virtualization things.
As I only have a mac studio version of rev, I could not test the IDE,
but a compiled stack of mine ran smoothly in this environment.

To make it short, and if you are not into games, Fusion is a very
good investment. (my elder son uses Parallels and is happy with it).

Take care
	François