Parallels

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:34:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
> Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>>
>> In case anyone is interested, MacZOT is offering Parallels for $49.99
>> today.
>>

> Does anyone know whether Parallels (or Bootcamp, or any other such scheme)
> allows Windows to make full use of the graphics card ?
>
> Or, to be completely specific, .... does Parallels allow a MacBook Pro to
> run high-performance graphics games, such as World of Warcraft, or Halo III
> (IV ?)

Bootcamp definitely does allow such things. My kids run all their PC
games on an iMac using Bootcamp with no problems. World of Warcraft is
a Mac game as well as PC, but my boys run Call of Duty, Halo (II I
think), Portal, Bioshock etc using Bootcamp.

I don't think any virtualization software will give the same
performance, at least not yet.

Cheers,
Sarah