Raising admin rights on Vista

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Sep 1 11:03:36 EDT 2008

Finally, unless a wonderful idea shows up on the list, I am going to
stick to my first idea:
Running exe downloads a stack and this stack will download a regular
installer, able to do the whole thing.
Intermediate downloaded stack is there for easy maintenance only: its
code may be changed or enhanced easily without having to make any
change in any component of the exe itself.
Thanks for all your ideas.

Le 1 sept. 08 à 15:58, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> On Sep 1, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Trevor,
>>
>> Actually your last point may be done with any installer :-)
>
> Right. But you said you already have an exe running and I'm not
> aware of how you could elevate the privileges of an already running
> exe. This allows you to run an exe elevated.
>
>> Using a Rev exe instead in the way you say could sound good but
>> the problem, in such a case, is weight: I'll end with, at least a
>> 2 MB exe :-(
>
> That is why I use a VBS file :-) I imagine it wouldn't be too much
> work to write a command line application (not using Rev) that did
> what you need. The footprint would be small.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Learning Systems