How do I restore the defaultMenuBar?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Mon Sep 1 09:43:52 EDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 5:59 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Embarrassingly, I used to know the answer to this question but I
> have forgotten - blame my age. I have been getting into a fix during
> development where one of my menus 'takes' over from the regular RR
> development menu and won't go away - I have to quit Rev to get back
> to work. I know that I can avoid this by resetting the
> defaultMenuBar via the message box, but to do this I have to know
> the name of the Group that RR itself uses for its main menu.
>
> Can anyone tell me what it is? I would also settle for the version
> modified by GLX2.

Try typing "put the defaultMenubar" in the message box to get the
current setting.

It might be a good idea to make yourself a "dev" stack with buttons on
it to run little utility scripts that would do whatever needs to be
done — like resetting the menubar or the cursor, or opening and saving
certain stacks. Every time one of these conundrums arises, make a new
button!

Act against entropy!

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.