Presumably this is vaguely criminal ?

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Tue Oct 28 07:01:31 EDT 2008

MetaCard engine is neither free nor open source, because it is
Revolution engine. MetaCard IDE is free and open source, but it is
"just" an IDE. One can also freely choose to use Revolution demo... In
both cases users need to buy a license to have a full featured IDE,
otherwise, I guess, scriptlimits will show their power. The only product
it theoretically can compete with, as far as I understand, is Galaxy
IDE. But new users of Revolution usually start with what they can get
with no additional payment and only later try or upgrade to Galaxy if
they like it more than any of the free alternatives they already have
(Native Rev IDE or MetaCard). So I think all the 3 IDEs have their own
niches and do not compete too much... Btw does anyone know of any more
alternative Revolution IDE's out there ;-)

best wishes
Viktoras