Is there a simple way to get the integer primary key of a new record inserted in a SQLite table

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at macbay.de
Mon Oct 27 04:40:09 EDT 2008

Hi!

I'm looking for a simple way to get the integer primery key of a new
record (row) in a table that is created automatically by SQLite.

I store text and images in different tables and the primery key of
the text-record (row) is the reference to find the corresponding
images in the image-table.

When I select a text-record (row) it is easy to get the primery key.
But when I just created a new text-record (row) I don't know the
primery key to store the images.

Is there any easy way, or do I have to store the new text first,
select the new text then again to get the primery key and after all
to use the primery key to store the images?

Thanks
Reinhold