[ANN] and Re: Problem with mask

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Oct 24 00:52:15 EDT 2008

Recently, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> Scott Ross's approach, taking a snapshot from the rect of the selection
> graphic, produces oval images with a very smooth fringe.
> As my selection tool is already a grouped one, in my minor necessary
> adaptation of Scott's script the grouping and later ungrouping of the
> oval graphic was no longer needed, as was also the resetting the
> templategroup.
> I am wondering if we could avoid or suppress the flickering that appears
> when taking the snapshot?

Yes, there are probably a couple of ways to eliminate the visible
selection/creation of the mask (which is surprisingly more trouble than
expected), but the intention of this stack to was to demonstrate the process
for Jim Hurley.  This was not intended to be a finished tool/library for
developers.  I believed it would be more informative for Jim to see what was
was happening rather than keeping process hidden.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design