[ANN] and Re: Problem with mask

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Oct 23 18:25:39 EDT 2008

Hi Wilhelm,

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> I am wondering if we could avoid or suppress the flickering that appears
> when taking the snapshot?
just add a 'lock screen' after the mouseUp in the script of Scott's version
and the flicker is gone.

the beauty of Scott's approach is that he has the alphadata antialiased,
which makes for the sharp edges. That from what I understand, this is
because he groups the graphic and if you take a snapshot from a group you
get antialiased alphadata.
I take a simple snapshot of the image and the oval overlaid and get
alphadata which is not antialiased, that makes the visible pixels. (at least
you dont get the flat sides of the within-approach)

For what Jim originally wanted, a masked picture with an oval mask, Scott's
solution seems the one, that makes the finest masks.

thank you for providing the side by side comparison of the different
approaches
regards
Bernd