Searching the list - alternative to gzip files?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 23 14:32:53 EDT 2008

Michael wrote:
> Many of the list search results at lists.runrev.com are gzip files. This is
> the opposite of useful for web searching.
>
> Is there a way to search the list archives on the web with an actual web
> browser (Safari)?
>
> Or can all the archives be downloaded as a gzip in ONE file?

For most of the years this list has been in service, the archives were
maintained in a convenient html format that made them easily searchable
and therefore invaluable to those learning Rev.

Some time in the last couple years some portions of the archive have
been converted to gzip files, impeding both searching and reading, thus
slashing the value of this compendium as a learning resource.

I hope that will change soon, that the original html archives will be
restored.

In the meantime, each month's archive is available as a gzip file here:
<http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal