making a tooltip (for Japanese)

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:04:14 EDT 2008

Hello List,

I'd like to add a tooltip with Japanese text to objects,
and am looking for suggestions on how to script it.

My thought is to add a script to an object which uses
both "mousemove" to show a field (i.e.,the tooltip) and
"send" to trigger a "hide field" after a few seconds.

The trigger (which is the card) will also need to put off
hiding the field so long as the mouseloc has changed.

The challenge for me is how to measure whether the
mouse has moved or not. All I can figure out is to add
a "send" command to the trigger-script in the card
which'll compare mouselocs both before and after
the second send command.

But, maybe there's a simpler way of doing this?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Cueto