Editing groups and mouse messages

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Oct 17 15:54:56 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Richard,

I have the same behavior in an app of mine, written two years ago and
used every day...
I have groups composed with an image and buttons that belong
themselves to a main group.
When the user clicks such a sub group, I bring it to top and allow to
move it.
I have no time right now to dig in the code I used but I'll have a
look during the week-end.
But a thing is already sure, I don't use 'edit mode': it's actually
not necessary and sounds dangerous :-)

Le 17 oct. 08 à 21:17, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Mark Schonewille wrote:
>> Why edit the group? Can't you just get all layer numbers of all
>> groups, take the highest number and set the layer of the target
>> group  to to that number? Subsequently, get all layer numbers of
>> of the  controls in a group and set the layer number of the target
>> control to  the highest number. This should help, in case editing
>> a group indeed  messes up messages.
>
> Chipp's thread went into that in detail, but in short all the icons
> are in a group and turning on the relayerGroupedControls (necessary
> to relayer stuff without a group without using editBackground) and
> then setting the layer causes the icon group to become a member of
> the highest other icon group, so this:
>
> grp "Main"
>    grp "Icon1"
>       btn