Gradient GUI tool?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 15 02:20:11 EDT 2008

Jim Sims wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Rev 3.0 has some of the most comprehensive options for applying
>> gradients to its objects of any high-level scripting tool I've seen.
>>
>> But darn, my fingers are tired from using the Message Box. ;)
>>
>> Did I overlook a GUI tool in Rev for working with gradients?
>>
>> Is there one out there, or will I need to roll my own?
>

> A wonderful Rev resource - tactilemedia  by Scott Rossi has
> one   :-)

I thought that one generated gradients algorithmically itself, as we
used to do in the pre-Rev 3.0 world.  Now that Rev has all those many
properties for the new built-in fillGradient (type, rsmp, from, via, to,
quality, repeat, mirror, wrap), I dare say the engine does more than
even Mr. Rossi could do.  No offense to Scott, but Mark Waddingham's put
in a strikingly complete set of options, enough to satisfy the pickiest
gradient designer. :)

I was reading about those properties this evening, thinking maybe I'd
make a GUI for setting them, but it just seemed to likely that someone
else had already do it, so I thought I'd check in here.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal