Re-2: persistent objects in runrev (howto) + Q: unprotected stacks in standalones

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Tue Oct 14 03:29:18 EDT 2008

Hello Chipp,

The experienced users seem to have had this solution (the old suckUp spitOut trick) since years I am so proud of since the weekend. Exactly thats it.
Because I even could embed some unprotected stacks I would use in this way in standalones instead of putting it in a separated .rev file:

A question to the experienced:

The old 2.2.1 standalones have been #!/bin/sh encapsulated stack files and the old decompile script from the list could decompile the stacks from the standalones (the stacks stay password protected to be shure). The standalones now seem to be changed in format and technique  (I checked this on 2.7 a year ago on linux and win) and the decompile script from the eldest does not work anymore. Q: Is it possible to decompile  current standalones with such a short script?

(Please not the answer: you can decompile any program ... ;-) I am no assembler.

Regards, Franz
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de
http://www.animabit.de
GF Animabit Multimedia Software GmbH
Am Sonnenhang 22
D-94136 Thyrnau
Tel +49 (0)8501-8538
Fax +49 (0)8501-8537

on mouseUp
answer file "Standalone"
if it is "cancel" then exit to top
put url ("binfile:"&it) into tStack
repeat forever
-- there's more than one stackfile in there which isinteresting ;-)
put offset("#!/bin/sh",char 10 to -1 of tStack) into tOff
if tOff = 0 then exit repeat
put char tOff+9 to -1 of tStack into tStack
end repeat
ask file "Stack"
if it is "cancel" then exit to top
set the fileType to "RevoRSTK"
put tStack into url ("binfile:"&it)
answer "conversion finished" with "OK"
end mouseUp

Regards,
Franz

Original Message        processed by David InfoCenter