Problem running Revolution Player.exe and Rev Stack on Vista/Dell

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon Oct 13 13:27:35 EDT 2008

Thanks for reply, Noel.

I had assumed that much, but don't understand what's happening. The
stack is being associated with the Revolution Player by the drag and
drop of the stacks onto the Revolution Player. Unless something is
being done by Vista, the Media Player should not even be involved, I
would think.

Anyone/thing else?

Joe Wilkins

On Oct 13, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Noel wrote:

> It means Windows Media Player, not the Revolution Player.
>
> Make sure the revolution files are associated with the Revolution
> Player in Windows.  More than likely, that is the issue.
>
> - Noel
>
> At 11:11 AM 10/13/2008, you wrote:
>> Well, got my completed program out for testing on Vista. It had run
>> fine on my VMWare XP/Mac OSX; but we get the following dialog when
>> dragging the stack onto the Revolution Player:
>>
>> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
>> support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to
>> compress the file."
>>
>> I assume it means the Media Player and there was no compression
>> performed at any stage. A CD was burnt on my Mac Pro with three
>> folders and two text files (read mes). Two of the folders contained
>> the Mac version stacks and runners; the third contained the
>> Revolution
>> Player.exe file and the two Windows Stacks. After dragging the
>> Windows
>> Version folder to the desktop, opening it and dragging the main stack
>> onto the Revolution Player, the above dialog was presented.
>>
>> Has anyone else had success running a similar condition on a Vista
>> machine? Is there a work around?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Joe Wilkins

See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>