A List Mom Post

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Fri Oct 10 13:28:56 EDT 2008

Dear List Folks,

Its been a while. I'm fresh come from sifting through the moderator
"held" messages for this list, and I have a moment to share my
thoughts with you. To avoid frustration when posting, you might want
to save these pearls of wisdom.

1.) The list identifies you strictly and only by your email address.
If you post from a different address, one that you have not signed up
to the list, your mail will not get through. To avoid inconvenience,
delay and confusion, I recommend you sign up all email addresses you
might conceivably ever accidentally post from one day, and then set
all addresses but your main one to "no mail" so that you don't
receive duplicate posts. Yes, eventually, I will get around to
checking through the hundreds of spam mails that pile up in
moderation, pick out your held post, and accept it. This may cause
even more confusion if in the meantime you've figured out what
happened and reposted...

You can sign up, and manage your subscriptions here:

2.) There is a limit of 15k to the size of emails that can be posted
to the list. To ensure you stay within this limit, I recommend you
avoid elaborate html posts, don't send attachments (they won't get
through anyway), don't embed images, and don't reply quoting the
entire digest. If you do exceed the size limit, you will, eventually,
get politely rejected by the list software (at least, I hope its
polite, I haven't personally received the message it sends to such
rejected mails...)

3.) Don't send subscribe or unsubscribe messages to the list. We have
filtering set up to remove such posts, so generally you won't get
through to the list, your post will get held and eventually deleted.
If you are very lucky I might spot it and take action on it when
deleting all the spam, but I might not. You can subscribe,
unsubscribe, and manage your preferences here:

4.) and finally - do try and stay on topic! This is a lovely,
friendly community. A little bit of chit chat here and there is
acceptable. Announcements that have community relevance are fine.
Protracted threads on such announcements can cause annoyance.
Politics, religion, and cheese are strictly off topic and never
permissible.  Be respectful of your fellow Revolutionaries. Remember
they are all human and some of them are fiery fellows who need to see
the odd smiley to know they are not under attack!

Warm Regards,

Heather

Wearing the Listmom Hat

Heather Nagey