script abbreviations

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:10:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:07 AM, william humphrey <shoreagent at gmail.com>wrote:

> I see it for each individual thing you look up now. Thanks. I just thought
> there would be a list of all the synonyms somewhere.

There is, in the Dictionary.

As recently posted re a similar problem wanting a list of Version
compatibility of every keyword,property,function,message. Open the
Dictionary and Cntrl+click (right click or whatever on Win) on any Column
header and you'll get a pop-up list, select Synonym. Now, just like most
tables, you can click on the Synonym column header to sort the column, and
click again to reverse sort. Very easy to group all entries that have
Synonyms together:-)

This works for the 2.7 and beyond Dictionary. I can't remember if this
worked before 2.7.

HTH