more rev 3.0 woes - losing the will to live

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Oct 6 13:19:12 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Jacque,

Le 6 oct. 08 à 19:05, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> If Rev's save is broken you can just write your own.

That's so true :-)
Of course, we should not have to do it.
But it's able to save so much time...
Just see all patches posted by Ken, Chipp or myself along these years
to fix easily a problem or another.

Actually, Rev possesses an unique quality (I know that you know that
but I don't reply only for you :-)
Its IDE is written in Rev.
This means at least two advantages:
1. You can study IDE scripts (even if they are not as clean as I
would expect :-) to learn many things: tree views in 'Application
Browser' for instance.
2. You can modify the IDE, add your own front and back scripts to
override something, enhance another, etc.
Actually, I don't know another language, the IDE of which can be (so
easily) modified.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.