more rev 3.0 woes - losing the will to live

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 6 13:05:20 EDT 2008

Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Eric and Mark, Thanks for your attempts to save my sanity (of course, it
> could well be too late).
>
> I re-started 3.0, loaded stsMLXEditor, found the first guilty-looking 'save
> this stack', and commented it out... and then 3.0 crashed before I could
> even save it!  Unbelievable.  I couldn't face going through every stack and
> finding every handler that caused a stack to be saved.

Write yourself a little script that saves the defaultstack, and avoid
the "save" menu item in Rev. Assuming the stack is toplevel and
frontmost, something like this:

lock messages
set the stackfileversion to "2.4"
save the defaultstack

Rev's "save" menu item does something similar and sets the
stackfileversion before saving, according to the rules you set in
preferences. If Rev's save is broken you can just write your own.

If you have a lot of stacks to convert, put copies of them all in a
single folder. Your script can answer folder, get the files, and run a
repeat loop containing the above lines of script to save each stack in
the list in one go.

Lock messages if you do this, just in case.

Jacque

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com