Notification of internet use in Rev standalone

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Oct 4 17:27:35 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

The "suspend" and "resume" messages might be more what you're looking
for. They're sent when your Rev app loses/gains focus as the frontmost
app currently running.

There's always shell() to get info from the OS. For example, to get all
apps in the "Applications" folder that are running, you can do this:

on mouseUp
   put shell("ps -A") into tData
   filter tData with "*/Applications/*"
   put tData into fld 1
end mouseUp

Then you would at least what apps are running.

On the Mac there's probably something you can do with AppleScript to
find out what's running, but someone else will have to address that.

The only way I can think of to really prevent net access outside of Rev
is to run a proxy server on the client that is set up to do that.

If you'll be using shell() much, you might find this Rev plug-in useful:
    http://pdslabs.net/stacks/Shell_Command_Help.rev.zip

HTH -
Phil Davis

--