Is this a memory issue?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Oct 1 17:20:58 EDT 2008

Greetings!

I have an standalone application that I am importing data into.  The data is
being imported into an array.  The data is just text - formatted as XML.
Each record being imported is pretty small - about 20 lines containing [on
average] about 365 characters.

The application processes the data [creating a new key in the array] VERY
fast until it hits about the 415th record.  Then, it begins to slow down.
With each new record it gets slower and slower.  It will eventually finish
without error.

This is happening on Windows only.  On a Mac, it whizzes through all the
records with no problem.

Is this memory?  Is there something that I can do?  Anyone got any
suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
-Dan