RunRev AppleScript Question

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Oct 1 08:30:51 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

I just tried the following:

set myStackShortName to "SATest1"
set myScript to "send \"revSaveAsStandalone\" && quote &
myStackShortName & quote to stack \"revSaveAsStandalone\""
tell application "Revolution"
do script myScript
end tell

And it doesn't work!

I've been trying loads of different syntax's but I can't find the
secret code!

Here's an interesting one:

In Stack Script of SATest1 I have the following handler:

on Beeper theMessage
beep
answer theMessage
end Beeper

Then from the AppleScript I do:

set myQuote to (ASCII character 34)

set myRRScript to "send beeper" & " & quote & " & myQuote & "Message"
& myQuote & " & quote " & " to stack " & myQuote & "SATest1" & myQuote

Which works and displays "Message", however if I change it to:

set myRRScript to "send beeper" & " & quote & " & myQuote & "Hello
Message" & myQuote & " & quote " & " to stack " & myQuote & "SATest1"
& myQuote

Then Beeper gets called (it beeps!) BUT the message is empty?

What gives???

All the Best
Dave