My AntiVirus corrupts my gz file, was: need help for decompress URL

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sun Nov 30 08:23:52 EST 2008

Hello,
after another day of research, deactivating my antivirus, deinstallation
various compressing tools and deinstalling various ftp programs with no
result I was thinking about my own words "who is fiddeling on my files in
the background" and came to the conclusion that it only can be the
antivirus. After deactivating the antivirus, the result was the same, I
deinstalled it completely and voila: My downloaded gz files are not any more
corrupted.
After a new install of the newest (other, as before) version of the
antivirus the corruption happens again. On another PC with the same
antivirus the error doesn't occur.
Now I am waiting for an answer of the antivirus support, if I can dump this
antivirus(had always top rankings) to buy another one

Thank you all for participating
Tiemo