instead of toUpper

Melitón Cardona Torres toncardona at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 13:37:52 EST 2008

Merci Erik and thanks a lot to Robert for his fina advice.

put toUpper("Sjølandå")

gives me: SJøLANDå not SJØLANDÅ

put toUpper("Ma chère amie")

gives me: MA CHèRE AMIE, not MA CHÈRE AMIE

Being a spaniard living in Denmark I find toUpper unsatisfactory for
my purposes.

Besides, it is warned in the rev Dictionary of my version 2.8.1:

Comments:
Lowercase letters, including special characters with diacritical
marks, are converted to the uppercase equivalents. All other
characters, including uppercase letters, numbers, punctuation, and
special characters with no upper or lower case, are left unchanged by
the toUpper function.

   Important!  The toUpper function supports only characters whose
ASCII value is less than 128. Special characters cannot be converted
by this function.

Cheers,

Ton