Instead of toUpper

Melitón Cardona Torres toncardona at mac.com
Sat Nov 29 08:33:09 EST 2008

Works fine on my mac; I wonder whether it be the same a PC. Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Ton Cardona

function toCapitals aText
  --Works on a mac environement

   put "ÁÉÍÓÚÑÄËÏÖÜÂÊÎÔÛÇÆØŒÅ" into unusualCapitals
   put "áéíóúñäëïöüâêîôûçæøœå" into unusualSmall

   repeat with y= 1 to the length of aText
     put char y of aText into aChar
     put chartonum(aChar) into itsNumber

     --Line feed
     if itsNumber = 10 then
       put cr after newWord
       next repeat
     end if

     --Already capital
     if itsNumber>64 and itsNumber<91 then
       put aChar after newWord
       next repeat
     end if

     -- Not capital without accent
     if itsNumber >96 and itsNumber <123 then
       put numtochar(itsNumber-32) after newWord
       next repeat
     end if

     -- Foreseen unusual characters
     if aChar is among the chars of unusualSmall then
       put false into detected
       repeat with g= 1 to 22
         if char g of unusualSmall is aChar then
           put char g of unusualCapitals after newWord
           put true into detected
           exit repeat
         end if
       end repeat
       if detected then next repeat
     end if

     --Space, numbers and others
     if ((itsNumber >31) and (itsNumber <65)) or ((itsNumber>90) and
(itsNumber<97)) then
       put aChar after newWord
       next repeat
     end if

     --Unforeseen unusual characters
     if itsNumber>122 and aChar is not in unusualSmall then
       put aChar after newWord
       next repeat
     end if
   end repeat