Finding and replacing "numbers" in calendar day field

Mark MacKenzie mjmackenzie22 at windstream.net
Fri Nov 28 16:58:22 EST 2008

Hi all.

I have been playing with the tutorial calendar and am having trouble adding a to me useful feature.

I have a list field where day events are put along with the short date.  I can grab the day number from this short date, line by line.

Where I am having trouble is after finding the needed day date in the calendar day field (same as in tutorial) I am stuck with how to replace the date number with a phrase consisting of the same day date number and the word "Event".  The end effect is that after a note is added, the calendar date will show instead of "28" the phrase "28    Event" as a visual reminder that a note or event has been added to the overall calendar.

I am just missing something.  I have been using find and replace but to no avail.

How would you advise doing this?

Regards

Mark MacKenzie
Art Conservator & Wet Plate Photographer
Alcalde, New Mexico