problem with calendar tutorial

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 25 22:15:56 EST 2008

Mark Smith wrote:
> Before I begin, Jacqueline suggested I let the other Mark Smith in this list
> know that I am not a doppleganger. We probably look nothing alike :-)

Yay! You came! :) Personally I think we should give both of you pet names.

> I import the image ok using the File menu command "import as control" (at least
> I think that is what I am to do). And then the image shows up. But I've not
> been able to figure out how you move it into the background group using the
> edit group control. When I select the image the edit group control is not an
> option. If I select the group on the card, then select "edit group" nothing
> happens. There must be some sequence of mouse clicks that I am just not
> getting. Any advice would be great. Thanks

There've been a couple of ways posted that will move your image into the
group. Here's another method. When you import a control, it will go into
the layer that is currently active. Usually this is the card layer,
which is what happened when you did it. You can use either Sarah's or
(the other) Mark's method to move it into the group.

Or you can just import it into the group directly. Make sure "Edit
grouped controls" is turned off in the toolbar, click on your group to
select it, and then click "Edit group" in the toolbar. Now you are in
group editing mode. Now import your image as a control. It goes into the
group layer because that's the active one. Then click off "Edit group"
and you're back on the card, with your image in the group.

> Oh, and at midnight I turn into a pumpkin according to the "trial remaining
> days" counter. I better go buy something if I am too be able to complete this
> tutorial. Cheers,

Cutting it close. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com