AW: AW: load URL file ... case sensitive!

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 06:18:26 EST 2008

Hiya,

Some UNIX servers will run a Javascript on a 404 error page that will
convert your 'cased' URL to lower case, so you don't notice what's
happened.
The file system on the server _does_ check, which is why they throw
errors when the file name requested is different to that on the server.

Try this: http://www.anachreon.com/hispec/main_page.html
And then this: http://www.anachreon.com/hispec/Main_page.html
(Notice the upper case 'M').

The second URL will redirect to the homepage as that is what it's
been set to do when there's a bad URL 'filename'.

Or: There's something up with loadURL...

Cheers,

Luis.