Titlebar Bug Workaround Challenge

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 23 14:35:59 EST 2008

Scott Rossi wrote:

> But the (minor) problem arises when the user *doesn't* use the stack's
> minimize button and instead clicks the stack's icon button in the taskbar.
> The first click makes the proxy stack active; then the second click actually
> does the minimizing.  So it's not that this arrangement doesn't work at all
> -- it's just that the first taskbar click doesn't do anything (as far as the
> user knows) so the minimize behavior appears to be buggy.

Can you trap that in a resumeStack handler located in the proxy? On
resumeStack, do the same actions that would happen if they'd clicked the
minimze button in the modeless stack.

> And check this out: since Vista displays thumbnail representations of open
> applications above the taskbar, I have to create a snapshot in my proxy
> stack of the real stack's current screen every time it changes, so that the
> taskbar thumbnail is accurate.  I hate jumping through these hoops.

What a mess. I'd forgotten about the trick in the bug report #6235. I
guess I'd try that first, apparently it worked in a few cases. If it
doesn't, try resumestack.

I'm not sure it helps, but you have my sympathy.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com