Titlebar Bug Workaround Challenge

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 22 21:02:50 EST 2008

Scott Rossi wrote:

> The only way I can see to make the proxy stack the default stack at all
> times is to make the real stack a palette, but I wonder if this is going
> down too complex path that will be prone to failure.  I was thinking if
> there was some way to trap the mouse while in the taskbar I might be able to
> make the proxy stack the defaultstack before the iconify message is sent.

That sounds like a good work-around. You could make the real stack
modeless. Those look and act pretty much like regular windows but they
don't show in the taskbar. Your proxy stack's title should show in the
taskbar if it's a toplevel stack, and clicking the taskbar should bring
the proxy to the front.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com