Converting Hypercard Stack -- No Scripts?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Nov 20 11:55:24 EST 2008

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> It might be a bug. But it also might be that the uncompacted HC stack
> was just too far gone to decipher correctly.

I don't think it's anything to do with that; I had the same experience with a
stack that was converted from HyperCard several years ago, probably with Rev
2.1, and has been through a few versions of Rev since.  It's a Rev stack,
which happens to have it's origins in a HyperCard stack; but something breaks
in Rev 3.0 when attempting to edit the scripts.

Sivakatirswami - could you try setting the hcAddressing to false?  I don't
know that it's that, but it would be worth ruling it out.

> I was recently turned on to Mini VMac.

Is this better than SheepShaver, which is what I used when I first moved to an
Intel Mac to look at legacy classic stuff, including HyperCard?  SheepShaver
runs MacOS 9.something, supports colour, ethernet etc...

<http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/sheepshaver/>

- Ben