Confused

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 21:13:55 EST 2008

Once more I find myself going in circles. I've created a standalone
for both Intel and Legacy Macs that plays a number of .aiff music
files. At one point it worked great in the IDE, but then I started
messing with things trying to get the Legacy version working under
2.6.1. And I accomplished that, I think. (smile) Unfortunately, I have
lots of memory and I've gotten kind of sloppy with where things are
stored. Partly because of where Rev chooses to put its things; partly
because I'm just a bad boy! (smile)

Regardless, I need to get my mind straightened out about this
"external" files thing. What is the very best place to have your
external files so that when someone puts them on their computer the
same relationship exists for them as it does for me. I was always of
the opinion that if you put everything in the same folder, the
externals would be seen by the application, and not having to worry
about exactly where that folder is placed. So, if I have the following
setup things should work:

A folder  -- That I want a user to be able to drag from a CD to their
Desktop or anywhere else they see fit.
    My standalone application
    MusicFolder
        Music1.aiff
        Music2.aiff
        etc.

Then the application should have the source for the players as: /
MusicFolder/Music1.aiff  -- and so forth

But this doesn't work. Am I all wet someway?

TIA,

Joe Wilkins