How to manage german mutated vowel in SQLite

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert r.venzl-schubert at macbay.de
Wed Nov 19 17:09:01 EST 2008

Hi!

In my program I use a SQLite database, to store sentences in german
language.
I can store sentences as rtf-text with mutated vowels and can get them
back from SQLite, everything works well.

But now I want to export some records and reimport them later.

This is my export-script:

put "SELECT * FROM Text_table" into tSQL
put revdb_querylist(,,gConID,tSQL) into Text_data

Text_data:
1	Text_table	{\rtf\mac *CR*}	{\rtf\mac *CR*aou}	{\rtf\mac *CR*\'8A\'9A
\'9F}

For my import-script I changed the TABs in Text-data like this:

put "INSERT INTO Text_table VALUES (null, '{\rtf\mac *CR*}', '{\rtf
\mac *CR*\'8A\'9A\'9F}')" into tSQL
put revdb_execute(gConID,tSQL) into tTmp

When there is a german mutated vowel in the value SQLite refuses to
create a new record.

What can I do?

Reinhold