Converting Hypercard Stack -- No Scripts?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 19 13:28:08 EST 2008

Sivakatirswami wrote:

> I just opened the HC stack in Revolution and viola it appears. But I'm
> getting some strange behaviors that I don't know how to solve.

> No script editor is invoked, and the script of the button with the
> "offending" command is not available.
>
> Any ideas?

Odd. I've never seen this happen. You could try turning off messages
(click the Messages icon in the toolbar) and see if that helps.

You could also try, from the message box:

  set the clipboardData to the script of button <btnName>

See if you get anything in the clipboard. If so, you could set the
script to empty via message box, then paste in the retrieved script and
correct the errors.

Finally, if the stack has so few scripts, it might just be easier to
open it in a text editor and copy out the pieces you need. Then set the
scripts to empty from the message box, open them, paste in the retrieved
text, and correct the scripts.

I'm thinking there may be a stray end-of-script character in there
somewhere, or something else that makes the editor think there's nothing
to display. I saw that happen once in HC, but never in Revolution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com