Rev 3 Player/Stack Title Bug - Help?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Nov 19 13:26:18 EST 2008

Hi Scott,

> Hello List:
>
> Good grief...  I'm wondering if anyone can find a workaround for
> this odd
> behavior in Rev 3, Windows.
>
> Create a new stack.  Give it a title, like "ABCDE".
> Drag a player control onto the stack.
> Hit enter in title field of Rev's inspector, solely to update the
> title.
> If you see what I see, the stack's title (in the titlebar) changes
> to "A";
> the title in the inspector does change.
>
> Then no matter what I try I cannot get the full title to show in the
> stack's
> titlebar unless I delete the player object.  The title field in the
> inspector and the engine both maintain that the stack's title is
> "ABCDE".
>
> This is extremely disconcerting as I have to deliver an application by
> Friday and the client has already pointed out this mistake in the
> preview
> build.  It appears there is no way to fix this.  Any ideas?

Sorry, no solution, but I also experience this strange behaviour on Win.

As soon as there is an active and visible player involved, the
titlebar gets
completely messed up and shows cryptic signs (mainly these empty squares
and ???), or like in your case only the first character is being
displayed.

Very annoying!

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi