answer file with filter ???

Thierry 00bioarchimed at free.fr
Wed Nov 19 05:45:55 EST 2008

Le 19 nov. 08 à 10:43, Mark Schonewille a écrit :

> Hi Thierry,
>
> On Mac, a file type is expected, while on Windows a file extension
> is expected.
> You need to check the platform and then use the right command.

Thanks Mark !

Here is about the confusion:

 From the Dictionary Doc: -----------------------------

example topic:
    answer file (field "Prompt") of type "RSTK"
    answer file empty with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"

a bit further, we can read:

The way file types are specified depends on the platform:
Filtering for Mac OS:  You can use either with filter or of type......

But, your examples do not help me in this case :-(

In fact, the files *.ics I'm looking for in a file open dialog, can
come from
different apps and from different systems..... ( just to make it easy )
and, these .ics files are by now, just plain text files coming from a
Linux system.
Looking the file Creator and Type with FileInfo, I only have "????"

So, does this means I have the choice to *not* do any filtering ?

Thierry